10-15 hours/week for 4-month period
Compensation: this is an unpaid position
Start date: September?2017
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and short writing sample to Andrea Locke (firstname.lastname@example.org). Put the words “Development Intern” in the subject line.
CitySprouts is a nonprofit school garden program that puts edible learning gardens front and center in children’s education. We make outdoor learning and healthy eating a part of children’s everyday school experience and give teachers the tools they need to create innovative and engaging garden-based lessons in every subject.
We’re looking for a creative, driven intern who will join our staff to help tell CitySprouts’ story across a variety of channels. The ideal candidate will leave this internship with a portfolio full of original content and valuable experience executing outreach and fundraising campaigns for a small nonprofit with a big mission.
Although this is an unpaid position, we will happily work with your college to make sure you get course credit, if available.
- ??????Promote CitySprouts with shareable content on Facebook and Twitter
- ??????Track community engagement and email marketing benchmarks across several web applications (Facebook, Twitter, Constant Contact, Salesforce)
- ??????Solicit in-kind donations from local businesses in Cambridge and Boston to support CitySprouts’ annual fundraising gala
- ??????Follow up on all donation requests
- ??????Provide logistical support to the event planning committee as needed
- ??????Assist CitySprouts development associate in implementing a multimedia content plan
- ??????Assist development associate in compiling reports of outreach effectiveness
- ??????Support the development associate in attracting online donations
- ??????Other tasks as needed
The ideal candidate will…
- ??????Have strong communication skills, written and verbal
- ??????Be proficient in Adobe Photoshop and/or InDesign, a plus
- ??????Work collaboratively
- ??????Be resourceful and tech-savvy
- ??????Demonstrate a history of taking initiative in creative projects